Feb 19, 2011

Dancing in the moon light

My two favorite movies of all time are, "Love and Basketball" and "The Notebook" - I am a complete girly girl and a hopeless romantic! I love watching movies or reading books that express real love between two people, you know, the kind that will make you CRY...Cry...and cry some more until you eventually get a headache from crying so much. Yepp that's me! I used to be the complete opposite (for real), that is, until someone came into my life and changed my entire outlook on life itself! Seriously, I never thought I would be saying (or writing) anything like "oooh I'm soo in love" "I met my soul mate" "I can't live without him" "we belong together" - loL ok ok, you're right I'm not saying all of that just yet. I'm a 20 year old who is still in the process of getting her Bachelors degree; this can't be me right now. Can it? Is it?

Ahhh I shouldn't get into all of this right now. I'm really just thinking of our date last night. It was so nice. We went out to dinner with my mom and brother at this cool Thai restaurant downtown. Later we walked around the pier and I swear it was like a scene from my favorite movie! "The notebook" to be precise loL....we walked to the back of the pier and there is an outdoor deck with a huge area that looks like it could be a dance floor. Overhead is a roof with those christmas lights hanging and turned on overlooking the moonlit water. It was the most romantic scene and I said, "I wish there was music so we could dance." You want music, I got you. So he pulls out his phone and plays what we call our song. Eric Benet's "spend my life with you" he pulls me close and we dance under the moon light. I've never done anything like that before and it was just perfect. My thoughts of how relaxing and wonderful that it felt to be in that moment kept being interrupted by thoughts of our first dance - you know, a 1st dance at your wedding. Really Nina, your wedding?! Crazy right?! Think my marital clock is ticking yet? loL We danced, we talked, we were together and it was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love