Mar 28, 2011

North Carolina (part 1)

It has taken me sooo long to blog these photos! I wanted to edit and re-size every single one of them before I posted anything online. Well, whatever loL....this summer I spent about a week and a half in the beautiful area of Asheville and Black Mountain North Carolina :) I spent my time with about 15 of my friends on a missionary trip. It was one of the greatest experiences of my life, a step I've taken to put God first in my life. Along with feeling great about serving God I also fell in love with Black Mountain (where I spent most of my time). The people and the environment! I mean, HELLO! This place is beyond gorgeous...magnificent...extraordinary..! I have no words. Seriously, No words. I felt peace everyday. The air is fresh, the grass is green, and the mountains are breath taking.


Most people who know me, know I am a city girl. I love the city! I love to travel, but I will always travel back to the city loL...Black Mountain changed my outlook on life, people and places. I swam under a real waterfall! Not a man made (pool) romantic waterfall, but a real waterfall, with real rocks and real ice cold natural water! loL I loved it. It was freezing, but it was so worth it. We hiked a trail for about 20-30 min. to get to the "low falls" - the easier of the two available. Man, that trail was steep! But we sat on rocks all around the falls and ate lunch. I've never done that before, it was peaceful :) I put my feet in the water as I watched my family and friends admire the scenery and fellowship around them. "This is the life."

4 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous photos!
    I would so hang one up on my wall!

    I live in NC, well just moved here recently.
    I can't wait til it's all green like that here!

    -Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Diana, if I come up to NC again this year, we'll definitely have to get together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You are an artist!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love