Sep 26, 2010

Confession

Okay, can I make a confession? Rather, voice my concerns on this post? I am freakin' out! I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time! "N~Grace Photography" is what I call my "business," but by no means do I think I'm professional photographer, sure I've gotten paid to do a few shoots here and there and yes I've actually been the primary photographer at a wedding before - huge mistake at the time - anywho I've gained so much knowledge in the last 6 months and of course still have a lot more to learn, I was talking to a freelancer yesterday at an event I attended and he gave me a lot of great tips about photography in general and how to go about starting my own business.

My concern comes from the fact that in 2 months I am scheduled to shoot another wedding and 2 weeks after the wedding I am scheduled to shoot a Black Tie event! So many people compliment my work (I appreciate it very much) and I know it's said that "you are your worse critic" but these opportunities have a bitter sweet taste to me. I feel like I need to train my eye a bit more and I need better (more) equipment BUT I also need the practice. I can never improve my skills without actually working. And ya know, the more research I do on engagement and wedding photography the more I like it and the more I am becoming interested in that over fashion photography.

Anywho, loL I'm all about lenses - which is most important anyway, right? - So I'll be using the 24-70 f/2.8 as one of the primaries at least that's what I'm thinking as of right now, maybe I'll use the 50mm or 35mm as a primary or 55-200 (I do not own a 70-200mm, it is on my wish-list loL) you know, as I write all of this, a saying a teacher of mine once said comes to mind: 'it is not about the painter's brushes, but about the painter'.........I guess I just need to go in with a confident attitude and relax a bit.

Thanks for listening readers loL
---- N~Grace

3 comments:

  1. Just my two cents (even though you didn't really ask)... Look into renting a lens. You can rent the 70-200 for a week for, like, $100. Check out LensProToGo. I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the suggestion! I will check them them out right now =)

    ReplyDelete

Show some love