Jan 31, 2012

Senioritis Hope :: High School vs. College

Library at USF

I've burnt my brain out learning everything I possibly could this month. My brain took a 15 minute power nap and it's back at it jamming in more and more info! It's cRaZy! All the info from my classes, all the info from my internship, all the info from photography workshops, all the info I continue to learn from the bible, plus the little things I learn everyday ("you learn something new everyday" right?).

I was sitting in my school's library today, pretty much ALL day...[blah]...and at some point I looked out the window and saw probably about 75 students. They looked a little young, but not too young so I figured these were high school kids taking a campus tour. Nothing out of the ordinary. I reflected on a time (about three years ago actually) when I was in that cluster of kids, just happy to be outside of the 4 walls I was used to known as GIBBS HIGH SCHOOL. As much as I loved high school, I couldn't stand it just as much and even though I dwell on the good times a lot and vicariously live through my brother (being in his Junior year), I know I would never opt to go back to that place!

Even still; though I wouldn't go back to high school if I had the choice I could see it all over those students' faces that they had no idea what college life was going to be like. NO IDEA! I realize I've been in school for 3 and 1/2 years now and I think I've mentioned it just once here on my blog. That's not cool. This blog is about my life and school is definitely (unfortunately still) apart of my life. I'm gonna school some of you youngin's out there (youngin's, yes, that's young-ings for the people who don't understand how to read slang loL). Junior and Senior year can be some of the best, most exciting years of your life; they're also a couple of the most important years. You know what I'm sayin? ---------> insert new weekly reminiscent post here <---------- dang! just tryin to make it through those last couple of years was tough because of all the fun things I wanted (and had the capability) to do outweighing all of the work that needed to be done! Is it tough for ya'll too?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love