Jan 27, 2012

DESTINATION MEXICO!

So it was super cool because I visited Cozumel, Mexico for the first time this past November with family. I only had a few hours to tour the island and there were a few "must-go-to" places I had to visit according to a few friends, one being the Tequila Factory ;-) haha! I didn't really have any expectations as to what the city would look like, but I knew I didn't want to spend too much time at the beach because 1) I'm used to being at the beach I do live in FLORIDA! So beaches aren't that big of a deal to me and 2) because I HATE tourist traps! (Again, I live in Florida so I'm very aware of the beach being a huge pulling area for tourists.) I always want to see the "real" city whenever I visit a new area.

We had a great tour guide just take us all around town to the "must see" ancient Mayan temples, tequila factory and of course just riding around the city so we could see what it really looked like. Pictures speak for themselves so I'll stop writing now and just show you some of the photos I got while I was down there :)

Okay okay, but first this photo is my absolute favorite! This is my mom (elementary school teacher holding up her school sticker) surrounded by darling school kids who were marching in the street. I believe they were practicing for a future parade so I asked the teacher if I  could take a group photo of them. They were oh too happy to pose for the camera! Aren't they adorable?! This pic puts a huge smile on my face :)
Haha! Us at the Cava Antigua Tequila factory with our awesome...ahem, tipsy, tequila expert! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love